10 January 2013
11 November 2011
This is a backlog, too. The event took place in Aug 2011 .
In Singapore I've been to both AFA-X and Cosfest-X, but never to STGCC. This was my first visit to STGCC (The Singapore Toys, Games & Comics Convention) and this is a short report of my experience.
Please see STGCC official website for venues, schedules and other details.
15 August 2011
After seeing AFA-X, my next mission is to go to a Singapore[SG] Cosplay event. As many know, SG has two major cosplay only events, one is Cosfest in June/July, the one is EOY(End Of Year) in Dec.
Unfortunately, I had never been to any one of them yet. This is mainly because of seasonality. June has no public holidays in Japan. December is the busiest month for many people working in Japan.
But at last, I tried to make some days-off in June, had been to Cosfest successfully. Here's my report for Cosfest X.1 in 2011.
12 June 2011
This is a backlog. The date of the actual event was in Feb 2011 .
I finally got to CWHK(CWHK31) during February this year. This is a short report of my experience.
11 June 2011
Anime Review: "Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below" [**+]--- The fantasy is not enough
16 March 2011
Anime Review: "Macross F - The movie" ~Sayonara No Tsubasa~ "[***+]--- An Alternate Ending for Macross F TV Series
Recently, I had been using this phrase "I'm not dead". Yes, really "I'm not dead" even after the devastating earthquake, tsunami and nuclear meltdown that hit Tokyo and the Northeast (Tohoku) area many times. (*1)
Several weeks ago, "Macross F - The movie" ~Sayonara No Tsunasa~(I tentatively called this PART-2) premiered at Japanese cinemas. I watched the much anticipated title, the concluding part of "Macross Frontier the movie" ~Itsuwari no Utahime~(I tentatively called this PART-1).
Here' my own review. (Please note, it may have some spoilers.)
(Note: full-marks is *****)
04 December 2010
02 December 2010
AFA-X is not just an exhibition, but also a cosplayers' festival. Compared to Japanese Major (otaku) event, cosplayers in AFA are not widely covered by mass media(*1).
This is because I had aggressively taken photos for AFA-X.
27 November 2010
AFA-X held lots of stage events at both the mini-stage and main stage(Concert hall). Please see below photos for mini-stage schedule, and please see these pages(DAY-1, and DAY-2) for main hall schedule.
I did not have much time to cover all of these events. However, I enjoyed the events very much. Please read below for detail.
- Report: AFA-X(AFA 2010) sono-1(overall impressions) 2010.11.27
- Report: AFA-X(AFA 2010) Table of contents 2010.11.21
- [teatime] Singapore Otaku shops update (and YOG special) 2010.09.04
- Report: Tokyo Anime Fair/TAF2010 2010.04.15
- Anime Review: "Macross F - The movie" ~Itsuwari no Utahime~ "[***]--- A Good Digest of the TV Series 2010.01.30
- Otaku Ippiki goes abroad: Maid cafe "Maiderland" @Hong Kong 2009.10.24
- Otaku Ippiki goes abroad: 2009-10 Doujin event "Tsuki no Matsuri" @Hong Kong 2009.10.23
- Anime Review: "Summer Wars"[**]---Unsatisfactory Japanese-version of "The Martix" 2009.08.02
- [teatime] Can Evangelion save the Japanese economy ? 2009.05.31
- [teatime] 23.May.2009: Are Amuro Ray and Char Aznable team mates ? 2009.05.24
- Review: Yatterman(2009) the movie: A perfect B-class movie[***+] 2009.03.30
- [Teatime] Tokyo Anime Fair/TAF2009 2009.03.19
- Otaku Ippiki goes abroad: Los Angeles' "Cafe Royal/T" review. 2009.01.18
- [Teatime] Comiket 75: Cosplayers' photo links 2009.01.06
- Cosplay event experience: Harumi Cosplay Terminal 2008.10.17